Friday, May 16, 2008
Mother nature going berserk?
Apparently, mother nature's had enough of us continuously tainting it and has gone on a killing spree, unleashing it's full fury upon our already fragile world.
Two weeks back, on May 3, Burma was struck by a cyclone, Nargis, where close to 120,000 casaulties were reported. Maybe more. If that wasn't bad enough, reports have it that a second cyclone will soon hit Burma once again.
And just a day before Nargis, a dormant volcano in Chaitén that hasn't blown it's temper since 7420BC, give or take 75 years, blew up! That's like...insane. Not erupted since 7420BC and of all times, now? But that aside, it's rage only claimed the life of one elderly woman. Sure is peanuts when compared to the numbers that are coming up ahead. Nonetheless, the loss of a life is not to be taken lightly. Godspeed.
So, volcanic eruption and cyclones. Think you've seen the worst? Well, here's another. Let's head back to 120 hours earlier where a magnitude 7.9 earthquake struck the Sichuan province of China. The number of casualties has been skyrocketing ever since the quake. From an initial 8,000, that number has rapidly climbed to an awful 50,000 and that is just a rough estimation. Besides the 50,000 lives that were lost, there reportedly are another 80,000 who are still currently lost amidst the rubble and their fates yet undetermined. Throw in the maths and equations, we can say that the death count is still picking up pace.
Now, dump these 3 natural disasters that happened within 14 days into a pot and we've got a recipe for...the end of the world, apokalupsis eschaton, perhaps? Well, at least that's what some people are saying but for me, who cares about doosmday or apocalypse when we're signing our own deaths? Other words, I'm sticking to whatever scientific explanation is given as cause.
With that, I'll be signing off and I apologize for my tardiness in keeping tabs on time. Look at it. It's been what? A month since I've last updated? Yeah, I guess. Anyhow, I'll see you next time. *clicks sign off button*
Last Updated @ 2:16 AM
Signed: Whoever was here...